- User Since
- Apr 4 2017, 11:29 AM (218 w, 4 d)
May 22 2018
I wrote this shell script as an alternative to the Gist provided above:
I don't like this software, but I have to use it and would be glad to find it in the Third Party repository
May 21 2018
Oct 4 2017
I've improved my workaround for this issue, re-using the command provided by @whenkek
- I've been using the full disk encryption with Solus for almost 6 months now, and I'm quite happy with it.
- Feel free to close this issue if you wish as I don't feel the need for ecryptfs anymore
Please find below a "package request" that is more conform to https://dev.solus-project.com/maniphest/task/edit/form/4/
Sep 14 2017
Jul 29 2017
Jul 18 2017
I'm having this problem for quite some time too.
May 27 2017
According to this page more than one implementation exist.
Apr 11 2017
- I didn't know about ext4 native encryption, I'll take a look...
- I'm wondering if there is a use-case were the user has to use a file system that is not ext4, but I haven't found any yet
- Going with full disk encryption implies that the device can't be shared, or is shared by people who trust the guys with sudo privilege. Using ecrypfs allows to only encrypt the home directory, but full disk encryption protects against malicious corruption of binary files.
Apr 7 2017
Maybe it would even be possible to add an option in Budgie to encrypt the home directory of newly created users ?
Apr 4 2017
Thanks, you're right!