- User Since
- Sep 26 2019, 2:43 PM (68 w, 3 d)
Nov 26 2020
Nov 20 2020
Briefly: Claws Mail works in Gnome.
Nov 19 2020
Briefly: Gnome Control Center > Color profiles work fine in Gnome DE.
Briefly: Chinese input method works. Tested in Mate.
Briefly: Japanese input method works. Tested in Mate.
Briefly: AbiWord works fine. Printing wasn't tested.
Nov 18 2020
Roxterm was removed from the repo a few months ago. It's not available since the end of July. See T9123 "Needs New Maintainer: roxterm".
Briefly: Quod Libet works fine. Tested in Gnome and Mate, not in Budgie.
Nov 17 2020
Gnome Control Center > Universal Access
Briefly: Everything, except Cursor Blinking, works fine. Cursor Blinking doesn't work here.
Jun 30 2020
@algent Thanks for suggestion. I followed it. System checks have found and repaired 2..4 (apparently unrelated to the issue) broken icon theme packages. autokey-py3 was forcefully re-installed as well.
The system is always fully upgraded here. Nevertheless, autokey-gtk refuses to run, returning the same error:
Mar 21 2020
IBus behaves identically in Stable and Unstable branches. It works the same way in:
Mar 20 2020
I don't like it much, seems to return back to 90-s of the past century. It installs and runs without a problem, but its ancient interface and mostly manual accounts configuration kills a wish to work with it.
Never used this music player before. Not sure where the tests should be concentrated.
Mar 19 2020
Mate, with and without Compiz
Used it for a whole day now. For usual daily activities:
- navigation in Internet with Firefox, reading forums, articles, downloading some files
- backing up in terminal with FSArchiver a few partitions with various distros installed
- moving backups with Caja - about 80G today - between internal and externals disks
- restoring backups, again in terminal using FSArchiver, into other partitions and reconfiguring them accordingly with Geany and root-Caja to their new locations (moving installed distros)
- reproducing in background at low volume some Ambient music with Rhythmbox
- taking notes with Zim desktop wiki and copying its database onto mobile devices
Along with abiword package itself 7 additional packages are installed. All pkgs are present in the repo, installation goes smoothly.
Mar 18 2020
Quod Libet testing
I used Quod Libet a few years ago, for a short period of time, so I'm not an expert with it.
Thanks for including RoxTerm in test list and recalling about this excellent terminal. I already removed gnome-terminal from Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut and call roxterm now.
These are results of Universal Access testing.
Sep 28 2019
DE: Mate 1.22 with Compiz 0.8.16
Sep 27 2019
DE: Mate 1.22 without Compiz
Sep 26 2019
A semi-successfull upgrade here.