- Name: Exifcleaner
- Project: https://exifcleaner.com/
- Why we should include this into the repository, i.e. what does it do that the alternatives do not?: Removes metadata for the most popular image and video formats. It also supports PDF files and comes with batch-processing to process multiple files at once. Drag and Drop interface, easy to use.
- Is it open source?: Yes.
- If no: Are we allowed to distribute it? Yes, You are allowed to distribute it. Read here! - https://github.com/szTheory/exifcleaner/blob/master/LICENSE
- Who and how many users do you anticipate will use this software?: Users if which that want to remove metadata in image and video formats, Which will be me and a few other friends aswell.
- Link to source tarball/zip file: https://github.com/szTheory/exifcleaner/archive/refs/tags/v3.6.0.tar.gz
- If there are no upstream releases but the inclusion policy is otherwise met, please provide a link to the source repository (i.e. GitHub): https://github.com/szTheory/exifcleaner
This is currently not possible to package because of node-sass, which is incompatible with our nodejs version. This dependency was removed on July 19, but the latest release was published on May 4.
I think we have to wait till the upstream makes a new release.
This has sat in accepted for inclusion for over 30 days. Clearly, there is a lack of demand for the inclusion of this software, nobody has stepped up to provide a completed patch, maintain it, and properly integrate it. Closing as a result. Feel free to reopen but only when someone offers a patch via our proper patch submission methods and volunteers to be maintainer.