Page MenuHomeSolus

Error "No MTP devices found.", when accessing phone.
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

I am getting this error when trying to mount my Samsung phone (Android 10, December patch) on Solus Budgie (both current and lts kernels). In the past i would connect my phone, make sure file transfer is enable, and mount it, and it would work, but now i only get this error. File transfer works with Windows like it did in the past.

Forum thread - https://discuss.getsol.us/d/6014-unable-to-access-samsung-android-no-mtp-devices-found

Event Timeline

DNI_R created this task.Dec 29 2020, 5:52 PM
DNI_R updated the task description. (Show Details)Dec 29 2020, 5:52 PM
JoshStrobl closed this task as Invalid.EditedDec 29 2020, 6:54 PM
JoshStrobl added a subscriber: JoshStrobl.

Unable to reproduce the issue with my device (OnePlus 3T) and libmtp hasn't been updated since September. Others in that thread have also validated that their device works, sounds like an issue with your device specifically, and given you mention a "December patch", it's entirely possible it was the result of that. I would suggest reaching out to Samsung via their support forums.

I can confirm I've got the same problem since at least the December 18th Solus update. However, in my case, no concurrent updates happened for my device (Galaxy Tab S6 Lite running Android 10 November update). I noticed the issue following the December 18th update, but it had been a while since I tried to move files to my Samsung device. So I'm wondering if the issue was ultimately caused by the Nautilus or kernel 5.10.x update, although it seems limited to Samsung devices because I can't reproduce it on my Pixel phone running Android 10 either.

Like mentioned in the forum thread, image transfer still works though, so it's a workaround for now to transfer files.

zonzille added a subscriber: zonzille.EditedDec 31 2020, 5:05 PM

I can also confirm I now have the same problem, my Samsung Galaxy S7 used to work well with Solus, and since a recent update (couldn't say which one) it stopped working and now displays the same error.

Edited to add that my android version did NOT get any update since 2019 so Android might not be at fault here.

joebonrichie reopened this task as Open.Dec 31 2020, 7:29 PM
joebonrichie triaged this task as Normal priority.
joebonrichie added a subscriber: joebonrichie.

Issued caused by R1880:9077ac037f92.

Downgrading to libusb 1.0.23 resolves the issue

You can temporarily downgrade by running eopkg it https://mirrors.rit.edu/solus/packages/shannon/libu/libusb/libusb-1.0.23-10-1-x86_64.eopkg

Issued caused by R1880:9077ac037f92.
Downgrading to libusb 1.0.23 resolves the issue
You can temporarily downgrade by running eopkg it https://mirrors.rit.edu/solus/packages/shannon/libu/libusb/libusb-1.0.23-10-1-x86_64.eopkg

Looks like this is the commit you need to fix it https://github.com/libusb/libusb/commit/f6d2cb561402c3b6d3627c0eb89e009b503d9067

Just tested that myself and can confirm it fixes the issue, will push in a sec. Ta!