- Name of the software: Podman
- Project/product Homepage: https://podman.io/
- Why we should include this into the repository, i.e. what does it do that the alternatives do not?
- Libpod provides a library for applications looking to use the Container Pod concept, popularized by Kubernetes.
- Libpod also contains the Pod Manager tool (Podman). Podman manages pods, containers, container images, and container volumes.
- Podman can be easily run as a normal user, without requiring a setuid binary.
- When run without root, Podman containers use user namespaces to set root in the container to the user running Podman.
- Rootless Podman runs locked-down containers with no privileges that the user running the container does not have.
- Support for a Docker-compatible CLI interface through Podman.
- Is it open source? Yes
- If it is open source, please provide a link to the most up to date, versioned source tarball/zipfile. master.zip links will not be accepted.
- If there are no upstream releases but the inclusion policy is otherwise met, please provide a link to the source repository (i.e. GitHub)
- Mentioned In
- R4788:01ada8da0a2e: Initial inclusion of skopeo
R4787:8bdf6243b84b: Initial inclusion of cni-plugins
R4786:3094ad45affc: Initial inclusion of conmon
R4785:5cec0c0316e8: Initial inclusion of slirp4netns
D6982: Initial inclusion of skopeo
D6981: Initial inclusion of cni-plugins
D6980: Initial inclusion of conmon
D6979: Initial inclusion of slirp4netns
- Mentioned Here
- T8201: Buildah
I did a preliminary work on packaging this but there is still a ways to go before i publish Diff. There is few missing dependencies that also need to be packaged separately so i will do those too.