- Name: Armadillo / libarmadillo
- Homepage: http://arma.sourceforge.net/
- Alternative gitlab repo: https://gitlab.com/conradsnicta/armadillo-code
- from the library homepage:
Armadillo is a high-quality linear algebra library (matrix maths) for the C++ language, aiming towards a good balance between speed and ease of use.
Solus already packages Eigen, which is similar in scope, and many other distros package armadillo as well; while this is not a reason per se I and possibly many other users would benefit from its inclusion. Currently, I build it from source.
- It is opensource, Apache 2.0 license ( see http://arma.sourceforge.net/license.html )
- Latest tarball found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/arma/files/armadillo-9.300.2.tar.xz
I'm happy to learn the packaging procedure and do this myself but I believe I needed to request it beforehand nonetheless, hence this task.