Let's make it possible to boot Solus over the network via PXE!
- Installing without creating a USB stick every time
- Easy deployment and boot in corporate networks
- Diskless installations?
It may not have much users (at the moment), but it's cool to have and shouldn't require too much work.
What I learned so far
- PXE booting should be relatively easy thanks to dracut which just loads the squashfs image via HTTP/NFS/whatever
- However our initrd doesn't support this yet, we need to enable the dracut modules livenet and network
- The network module requires arping in return, which is provided by iputils
- Adding the modules here and that should be it (in an ideal world)
But I can't test it because I don't know how to build an ISO with local packages. Is solus-image-gnome still being used? Any hints or other ideas?