New Version 19.04 is out and update is needed since last version in solus repository is very old
Added (creation) Date column to Playlist Details view.
Added Set File Date… to the Playlist menu and item context menu.
Added Sort By Name and Sort By Date to the Playlist menu.
These are single-shot sorting commands. The playlist is still fixed-ordering. The new options do not automatically sort new playlist entries.
Added new video filters:
Audio Dance Visualization
Audio Light Visualization
Added Zoom 300%, 400%, 500%, 750%, and 1000% to the player’s zoom menu.
Added Settings > Drawing Method > Software (Mesa) on Windows.
This is not good for performance, but it improves compatibility. Use only as a last resort.
Added Display Method > OpenGL or Software (Mesa) on Linux.
Added Norwegian Nynorsk translation.
and lots and lots of fixes.
the latest download link can always be accessed on
Notable Changes and Fixes: (aka why should Solus upgrade this package from outdated version 18.11.18 to latest version 19.07.15 - as of now)
- the version is 8 months old
- there have been multiple fixes to linux specific part of the project
- there have been multiple fixes to usability and crashes of the program
- there have been multiple new features added that are standard in some other video editing software
- Fixed launch on some Linux (e.g. gentoo) by including libselinux .
- Fixed launch crash on Linux with (Csound) csladspa < 6.11.1 installed.
- Improved color accuracy of internal RGB-to-YUV conversions.
- Changed Quality to 100% when using the intermediate/ProRes preset.
- Fixed launch crash on Linux by excluding libdrm libraries.
- Fixed external monitoring on Linux screen.
- Fixed a crash opening a project after removing the bottom video track.
- Fixed dropping a file from a file manager whose name has special/extended characters (e.g. [, ]).
- Added an automatic retry without Parallel processing when Export job fails.
- Added a Chroma Hold video filter.
- Added a simple Templates framework to the Overlay HTML filter
- Added support for HTTPS.
- Fixed a crash when changing clip Properties > Audio > Track.
- Fixed a few small memory leaks in MLT.
- Upgraded Qt to version 5.9.7.
- Added Display Method > OpenGL or Software (Mesa) on Linux.
- Added new video filters:
- Audio Dance Visualization
- Audio Light Visualization
- RGB Shift
- Added verification that saved MLT XML is well-formed XML before (over-)writing the target file.
- Fixed Open Other > ALSA Audio on toolbar on Linux.
- Fixed a possible crash on File > New or File > Close.
- Fixed incorrect compositing z-order after Insert Track.
- Fixed reading some AVCHD files after a camcorder splits.
- Added a vertical Flip video filter.
- Added Blur: Exponential video filter (fast and bleeds to edges).
- Added Blur: Low Pass video filter (fast and bleeds to edges).
- Added Blur: Gaussian video filter (slow and bleeds to edges).
- Added Reduce Noise: HQDN3D video filter.
- Added Noise: Fast video filter.
- Added Noise: Keyframes video filter.
- Added Crop: Rectangle video filter with support for alpha channel.
- Added support for alpha channel to Crop: Circle.
- Fixed multiple Stabilize video filter analysis jobs may try to write to the same .stab file.
- Fixed a crash when changing clip Speed to something very low.
Other changes can be see on this URL:
This bug is open since Feb 2019 - I mean if you don't want to update it, then just close the bug and don't bother. I think all the relevant information is now listed inside this bug with notable changes, source package etc.
Shotcut is a live and evolving project/program and it is nice to have the new features and bug fixes once they are available from developer. I am not saying we/you need to update to every single minor release, but an update after almost 9 months and 7 official releases of the program by the developer is probably needed.
Let me know if any other information is needed to move this bug forward.