Why should this be included in the repository?
(this is taken from its page)
- Monitoring your CPU temperature/utilization/frequency/power
- Shows performance dips caused by thermal throttling
- Requires minimal resources
- Requires no X-server
- Built in options for stressing the CPU (stress/stress-ng)
- s-tui is not a processes monitor like htop. The purpose is to monitor your CPU statistics and have an option to test the system under heavy load. (Think AIDA64 stress test, not task manager).
my opinion about this tool: this tool is really useful when undervolting my laptop because I can stress and monitoring the CPU at the same time. This tool should be useful for other people who want undervolting or overclocking the CPUs. I'm not sure if it's tested on AMD CPU, but the author said it supports Intel Core 2nd gen and newer.
Is it open source? Under GPL 2.0. This is the latest version https://github.com/amanusk/s-tui/archive/v0.8.3.tar.gz