So after updating my machine today, lightdm is failing to start on bootup. For kicks, I just did a fresh install on a separate drive, and did nothing but apply updates. Upon rebooting, the same thing happened. I tried installing and booting from the LTS kernel, but again had the same issue. Also tried booting with "nomodeset" but that didn't make a difference either.
For those that have experienced issues with graphics, please perform a sudo eopkg up (there will be libdrm 2.4.94 rel 24 and mesalib 18.1.6 rel 100 updates) and reboot. If the issue persists, ensure inxi is installed on your system and get the details for inxi -b. If it's resolved, please let us know here. Thanks!
Is it resolved with mesalib 18.1.6-100,
Thank a lot and to be continued...
RE : I spoke too fast, it's ok after having passed the last version of mesalib but nok for the following packages:
Date: 2018-09-01 18:50
- mpv-libs is updated from 0.27.2-54-1-x86_64 to 0.27.2-55-1-x86_64 with delta.
- libgtk-3 is updated from 3.22.30-80-1-x86_64 to 3.22.30-81-1-x86_64 with delta.
- libgtk-3-32bit is updated from 3.22.30-80-1-x86_64 to 3.22.30-81-1-x86_64 with delta.
- qt5-base is updated from 5.11.1-27-1-x86_64 to 5.11.1-28-1-x86_64 with delta.
- mutter is updated from 3.28.3-44-1-x86_64 to 3.28.3-45-1-x86_64 with delta.
- ibus is updated from 1.5.18-12-1-x86_64 to 1.5.19-13-1-x86_64 with delta.
- clutter is updated from 1.26.2-20-1-x86_64 to 1.26.2-21-1-x86_64 with delta.
- atom is updated from 1.29.0-110-1-x86_64 to 1.30.0-111-1-x86_64 with delta.
- onboard is updated from 1.4.1-7-1-x86_64 to 1.4.1-8-1-x86_64 with delta.
Operation # 56: update
Date: 2018-09-01 18:48