- Differential Revisions
- D10756: Initial commit of intel-graphics-compiler
D10754: Initial commit of spirv-llvm-translator
D10753: Initial commit of intel-level-zero
D10752: Update gmmlib to v20.4.1
D10750: Rebuild beignet with updated OpenCL stack
D10749: Update clinfo to v3.0.21.02.21
D10748: Update ocl-icd to v2.2.14
D10747: Initial commit of opencl-clhpp
D10746: Update opencl-headers to v2020.12.18 and split out C++ headers
- D10757 / R5177:21dd6145af94: Initial commit of intel-compute-runtime
- Mentioned In
- R5176:80f07c3fa86a: Initial commit of intel-level-zero
R4228:9602bb18a427: Update gmmlib to v20.4.1
R5175:546f67239c1c: Initial commit of intel-graphics-compiler
R5173:deb119088df9: Initial commit of spirv-llvm-translator
R426:b6304547f196: Rebuild beignet with updated OpenCL stack
R5172:0b4a885d5ab5: Initial commit of opencl-clhpp
R524:8685c26b6437: Update clinfo to v3.0.21.02.21
R2216:e0f1321bd323: Update ocl-icd to v2.2.14
R4184:29761f040a1c: Update opencl-headers to v2020.12.18 and split out C++ headers
T9552: Update LLVM to v11.0.1
I don't know the technical limitations.
But since Intel intend to replace Beignet I would expect to have only one of them installed at a time to avoid potential conflict.
We encourage all the former users of Beignet and Classic to switch to Neo.
The result is a new and improved OpenCL Driver stack (informally known as “Neo”), that is intended to replace both previous closed-source driver (aka “Classic”) as well as the Beignet driver.
Beignet vs. NEO
Starting in Q1’2018, Beignet has been deprecated in favor of NEO OpenCL driver (https://01.org/compute-runtime).
We encourage the existing Beignet community members to explore the new driver stack and provide feedback.
Beignet remains our recommended solution for legacy HW platforms (e.g. Ivybridge, Sandybridge, Haswell).
Then again since Beignet has it's own icd file. Could that allow them to co-exist after all? I guess it would be revealed shortly after trying.
It installs the OCL icd vendor files to /etc/OpenCL/vendors, if the system support ICD.
I'm afraid that's all I can do now in an attempt to help
As this task has been marked Needs Maintainer for a month with nobody having stepped up to become maintainer, in addition to providing an acceptable patch for inclusion, marking as WONTFIX. Feel free to re-open when a patch has been submitted via the proper processes.
Now working on this. @joebonrichie and I will co-maintain Neo, as he's more experienced than I am but lacks the ability to test the software. To do, in order:
- Split opencl-clhpp from opencl-headers into its own package and update to v2.0.13
- Update opencl-headers to v2020.12.18
- Update ocl-icd to v2.2.14
- Update clinfo to v3.0.21.02.21 and remove beignet from rundeps
- Rebuild beignet for new deps (optional)
- Update gmmlib to v20.4.1
- Package intel-level-zero-headers
- Package spirv-llvm-translator
- Package opencl-clang
- Package intel-graphics-compiler
- Package intel-compute-runtime
- Deprecate beignet (https://github.com/getsolus/solus-sc/pull/84)