Page MenuHomeSolus

VisualBoyAdvance-M segment faults when trying to load a ROM file after latest update
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

After the latest update when trying to load a ROM file (.gb, .gbc, .gba) the program segment faults and exits immediately. snes9x still works while loading .smc files so it seems only VBA is affected.

Edit: resolved(?). See my comment below

nekoseam created this task.Aug 24 2018, 9:29 PM
ZachBacon removed ZachBacon as the assignee of this task.Aug 25 2018, 10:09 AM
ZachBacon added subscribers: DataDrake, ZachBacon.

This was updated by @DataDrake as of https://dev.solus-project.com/R3137:409d711a9841f96e547830edd996597e90006023
Not sure if it was thrown on the build server yet

Not sure if it was thrown on the build server yet

It was.

Well it's resolved on my end as far as I can tell, if @nekoseam can confirm that would be great.

JoshStrobl triaged this task as Needs More Info priority.

I assigned this to you seeing as you're the maintainer and developer of VBA-M. Marking as Needs More Info, @nekoseam can you confirm whether or not you're on rel 13?

Well it's resolved on my end as far as I can tell, if @nekoseam can confirm that would be great.

I removed the .config file in the home directory and let VBA automatically regenerate it and that seemed to fix the problem. The only settings I changed beforehand were controller layouts and possibly sample rate(?) so this might still be an issue for some users

nekoseam updated the task description. (Show Details)Aug 25 2018, 1:53 PM

I assigned this to you seeing as you're the maintainer and developer of VBA-M. Marking as Needs More Info, @nekoseam can you confirm whether or not you're on rel 13?

Yes I am

JoshStrobl closed this task as Resolved.Aug 31 2018, 5:28 PM

Closing as resolved. I'd like to see more consideration be put in from the VBA-M devs in ensuring existing configurations more gracefully upgrade / are supported for newer releases. Having our users experience these issues is not ideal.

Closing as resolved. I'd like to see more consideration be put in from the VBA-M devs in ensuring existing configurations more gracefully upgrade / are supported for newer releases. Having our users experience these issues is not ideal.

Yeah yeah, I see the jab.
To be fair there's other issues that kinda are more top priority within vba-m. Some of it conflicting with settings so at the moment it's more of an evolving issue that's being unwoven and being fixed. I can not and will not guarantee upgrades will be graceful as most of us tend to stumble our way around decades old code. That said, we'll look into it and try and have the issue... Fail less if possible. (And remove vba-m dev hat)