Among the major new features in Python 3.7 are:
- PEP 539, new C API for thread-local storage
- PEP 545, Python documentation translations
- New documentation translations: Japanese, French, and Korean.
- PEP 552, Deterministic pyc files
- PEP 553, Built-in breakpoint()
- PEP 557, Data Classes
- PEP 560, Core support for typing module and generic types
- PEP 562, Customization of access to module attributes PEP 563, Postponed evaluation of annotations PEP 564, Time functions with nanosecond resolution
- PEP 565, Improved DeprecationWarning handling PEP 567, Context Variables
- Avoiding the use of ASCII as a default text encoding (PEP 538, legacy C locale coercion and PEP 540, forced UTF-8 runtime mode)
- The insertion-order preservation nature of dict objects is now an official part of the Python language spec.
- Notable performance improvements in many areas.
Please see What’s New In Python 3.7 for more information.
Source tarball: https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.7.0/Python-3.7.0.tar.xz