Hi folks, i'm trying to update gajim (D2837) and nbxmpp (D2836) during this i ran into an issue adressed earlier by the gajim dev team (https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/python-nbxmpp/issues/51). While the certificates in the system cert directory are read, there is an encoding error. The fix from Gajim Devs was to set the encoding to UTF-8 while opening each file. After doing some research, why this problem still persists after their patch, I ran into an odd observation.
Two of the certs in /etc/ssl/certs are encoded using iso-8859-1
file -i /etc/ssl/certs/* | grep iso /etc/ssl/certs/6f2c1157.pem: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
I checked this on 2 hardware machines running solus and checked the built ca-certs package as well.
The output remains the same.
My guess is, that nbxmpp has problems processing these files because the specify the encoding to utf-8.
Could someone verify that these 2 certs are encoded the same as on my machines, or if i'm completely wrong with my guess.