- Name of software: Cendric
- Project Homepage: http://cendric.ch/
- Why include it: Cendric is a rather unique Sidescroller/topdown/RPG hybrid, and is currently unlike anything else in the Solus repository. With Solus being a gaming focused distro, I assume a large portion of users would enjoy it. :)
- Is it open source?: Yes, under the MIT, CC, and CC0 licenses
- Link to latest tarball release: https://github.com/tizian/Cendric2/archive/1.0.4.tar.gz
It's also not the full game.
We have included enough of the game data to run the demo version. Please note that the game data is not under the GPL, and forbids commercial redistribution.
Hmm...That is true. From what I could tell on their github page, it appears they're hoping people who discover the game will purchase it if they end up liking it, with this comment on the releases page:
This is the first full version of Cendric released on GitHub.
If you enjoy the game, consider supporting us by buying Cendric on Steam (with achievements and automatic updates!) or Itch.io
Were we to include that message on the package description in the software manager, I almost wonder if it'd help boost sales/popularity slightly, since Linux folk tend to be generous towards things they like. :)
However, this is indeed a bit of a grey area. I'll open up an issue on their github to ask their permission.
As this task has been marked Needs Maintainer for a month with nobody having stepped up to become maintainer, in addition to providing an acceptable patch for inclusion, marking as WONTFIX. Feel free to re-open when a patch has been submitted via the proper processes.