- Name: Geeqie
- Homepage: http://geeqie.org/
- Why: There are "lightweight" image viewers in the repository, but as far as I can see none of them ticks all of these boxes:
- is fully color-managed (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_color_management#List_of_color-managed_applications)
- is able to open RAW files
- is unbelievable fast
- Open Source: yes
- Source Tar: http://geeqie.org/geeqie-1.4.tar.xz
- Source Sepository: https://github.com/BestImageViewer/geeqie
It's been a month since this has been accepted and marked for needs maintainer. Given nobody has stepped up to provide an accepted patch, marking as wontfix. Feel free to re-open when a patch has been submitted via the appropriate process.
Like it has already been said, Geeqie is able to open RAW files in order to sort and prune before importing into Darktable.
Even better : it can group RAW files to theirs jpg clone (and degroup of course) !!!
Best and fastest raw+jpg file manager seen since I do digital photography, in the early days of 1999 !
Darktable, RAWtherapee and Geeqie are the 3 most usefull app.
Tried Gnome photo viewer, but it just bare jpg files, and f-spot/shotwell, Gthumb and all other feh alike are useless in comparison to Geeqie.
Could anyone make a place for it in official repository please ?
Thank you very much !
I am not a developer so I am not sure what is meant when a 'patch' is required. However for info the latest stable 1.4 tar version compiles and runs fine on Solus so just needs packaging I guess.
There are newer versions in git. Development is very active. This just needs someone with the technical knowledge to package it. This program has various features others in solus repo do not, both for professional and casual use.