After recent update I noticed:
- My cursor is lagging when I move over youtube videos (a copy of the cursor remains back and is visible about one second).
- Google maps satellite 3D mode freezes a few seconds on load, then shows black areas. At the end everything is loaded and the rotation is smooth.
- My Chrome screenshot extension doesn't show the captured screenshot (it uses html5 canvas to display the screenshot).
In general when there is some video/3D somewhere I notice the cursor glitching/freezing for a few milliseconds.
I removed all nvidia-glx-driver* packages and installed the nvidia-340 or the nvidia-304 drivers but both make my laptop not starting up (it shows black screen with blinking underscore).
Then via Ctrl+Alt+F1 I installed nvidia-glx-driver* and it started again but the glitches are still there.
So the nvidia-340 and nvidia-304 drivers are not usable.
I would like to be able to install the nvidia-38x driver, until the problem with 390 will be fixed.
- It happens both with linux-current and linux-lts
- My video card model is 960M