Here I'll try to keep a list of issues and suggestions I can find in latest Plasma testing ISO:
- Missing fonts/unicode symbols -
Try usysconf run and you'll see(*Fixed for konsole*). This one is actually a giant problem because any file/folder names with unrecognizable symbols are straight up rejected as 'Not Found', and cannot be read/written/deleted.(Upstream. *Should* be fixed by next (plasma) update) Suggestion : Can we please remove or reduce the timer for shutdown/restart? (10s is fine for me, anybody else?)
- Suggestion : Double click to open/Single click to select by default. I don't imagine very many people having any other muscle memory. (No current plan to change)
- Suggestion :
Get rid of splash screen by default. It looks cool and I like it, but I've seen couple of people mention that it just delays startup, even if desktop is rendered below it.@sunnyflunk says its off by default and so it is. Suggestion : Papirus icon theme to match other Solus editions. I'm torn on this one because I like default theme very much, but consistency matters.(Not happening) Redshift doesn't work.(Upstream) New services downloaded for dolphin don't show up.(Upstream) New widgets downloaded, some show up, some don't.(Upstream)
- Workspace switching : Cube animation : A black rectangle the size of quarter of screen in upper right corner. (Possible fix incoming)
- Blue line below title bar appeared with 5.12 update. Might wanna disable that.
- When increasing device volume through keyboard shortcuts while playing video full-screen on VLC, whole screen flashes black for 1 frame. Not sure where this problem is coming from, but I'm sure this does NOT happen on gnome. I'm unsure if this is new with 5.12, so maybe need to dig around more.
- Some sane default keyboard shortcuts for window and desktop/workspace handling (Maxi/Mini-mize, switch to next/previous desktop/move apps between desktops etc). (I thought I forgot them, but apparently none are set on install.)
I'll try to keep this updated as I go on. I've installed this on my machine and will be using as my daily, so hopefully I'l' find more.
The good (Please don't change this, unless you *have to* :
- KDE Connect