Why should this be included?: (from the homepage)
Tixati is one of the most advanced and flexible BitTorrent clients available. And unlike many other clients, Tixati contains NO SPYWARE, NO ADS, and NO GIMMICKS.
Tixati has the following features:
- detailed views of all aspects of the swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers
- support for magnet links, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available
- super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads
- peer connection encryption for added security
- full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) implementation for trackerless torrents, including detailed message traffic graphs and customizable event logging
- advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of protocol and file bytes, and with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding
- highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers
- bitfield graphs that show the completeness of all downloaded files, what pieces other peers have available, and the health of the overall swarm
- customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm
- expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different partition even while downloading is still in progress
- 100% compatible with the BitTorrent protocol
Open Source?: It is not open-source, though the developer has stayed committed to his/her "NO SPYWARE, NO ADS, and NO GIMMICKS" principle.
How many users will use the software?: While Tixati is banned from some private trackers due to the ability to spoof other clients, it remains a lighter alternative than qBittorrent, Transmission, Deluge, etc. It caters to advanced torrenters with extensive features while remaining, in my usage, the lightest BitTorrent client.
Link to versioned tarball: tixati-2.55-1.x86_64.manualinstall.tar.gz