On my laptop ( ASUS GL 552V ) I have installed SOLUS 3 now twice from scratch and run into the same problem: it will not shut down or reboot.
After some time (I have waited up to an hour) I press the power button for a few seconds to shut down the system.
When starting up again, the system will briefly tell that it is recovering the journal and then continue.
What can I check for more information, or change in the setup so my system will reboot/shutdown from software (I don't care if that loses me suspend/hibernate functionality)?
- The system boots from UEFI.
- I updated the Solus system, this did not work before and nor after the update.
- FWIW Linux Mint 17 on this laptop doesn't have this problem, IIRC neither has Linux Mint 18
- After installing from the Solus live USB system I could not reboot either
- This doesn't work using the GUI, nor from a terminal using sudo poweroff or sudo init 0 nor when doing these commands logged into the system using ssh.
I have been Linux user for 20+ years so I should be able to try things out, get you more details.