Name: Elm Platform
Why should this be included in the repository?: To provide convenient access to an updated development environment for Elm programmers.
Is it open source?: Yes.
How many users do you anticipate will use this software?: Unknown. FWIW: It's a core language for a few companies such as Pivotal Tracker, CircuitHub and NoRedInk. There are a few conferences dedicated to it around the world. It's tracked by the TIOBE Index but it doesn't break top 50.
Tarballs composing the Elm platform:
- elm-compiler-0.18.0.zip - https://github.com/elm-lang/elm-compiler/archive/0.18.0.zip
- elm-make-0.18.0.zip - https://github.com/elm-lang/elm-make/archive/0.18.0.zip
- elm-package-0.18.0.zip - https://github.com/elm-lang/elm-package/archive/0.18.0.zip
- elm-reactor-0.18.0.zip - https://github.com/elm-lang/elm-reactor/archive/0.18.0.zip
- elm-repl-0.18.0.zip - https://github.com/elm-lang/elm-repl/archive/0.18.0.zip
Upstream Haskell script to build entire platform: https://github.com/elm-lang/elm-platform/blob/master/installers/BuildFromSource.hs
Bash adaptation of the Haskell script as used in Arch: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=elm-platform
All dependencies are already packaged as far as I know.