This issue is to track and exchange usability problems, ideas and inspirations to improve the overall user experience (UX) of the Software Center in Solus.
Current Software Center:
Initial post on G+: https://plus.google.com/+Solus-Project/posts/aWmx5FtHhPe
Currently collected input (through G+ post):
- No ability to see what is installed at a glance (one has to click on a package)
- Third Party section makes problems (long installs and no automatic updates)
- Seperation between "GUI programs (aka: end-user progrmas) from CLI and/or packages (aka: developers programs)" would be nice.
- No immediate differentiation between installed and non-installed packages (a filter could be an option)
- Updates in the background and better progress UI (maybe with dynamic notification)
- No install queue (only allows one installation at a time)
- Enhanced keyboard navigation
- Headers! (aka "Featured Apps")
- More intuitive search