- Name of the software: f2fs-tools
- Project/product Homepage: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jaegeuk/f2fs-tools.git/about/
- Why we should include this into the repository: These tools allow you to create partitions formatted with F2FS, a native format for Linux and specially created for flash devices like pendrives, SD cards or SSD. It is the best native alternative to replace FAT or exFAT.
- Is it open source?: Yes
- Up to date, versioned source tarball/zipfile: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jaegeuk/f2fs-tools.git/snapshot/f2fs-tools-1.8.0.tar.gz
- Source repository: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jaegeuk/f2fs-tools.git
If only I could change the FS of my root partition during installation... I used F2FS on Arch as my root FS as I have a SSD. I'm sad Solus only gives you one choice. I know it's for stability, but I'd like to choose something as important the the FS type. Hope the commit succeeds!