I've installed Solus in US English and am trying to to setup ibus so that I can switch to Chinese pinying when typing <Super>+<space>.
- I installed ibus with the command eopkg install ibus ibus-libpinyin
- then after logout or reboot, nothing happens, however the environment seems to be set:
$ env | grep ibus QT_IM_MODULE=ibus XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus
and the process is running:
$ ps -ef|grep ibus seb 986 954 0 19:25 ? 00:00:00 ibus-daemon --xim --panel disable seb 993 986 0 19:25 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib64/ibus/ibus-dconf seb 997 1 0 19:25 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib64/ibus/ibus-x11 --kill-daemon seb 1008 986 0 19:25 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib64/ibus/ibus-engine-simple seb 1692 1542 0 19:39 pts/0 00:00:00 grep ibus
- then I run these commands in a terminal:
$ ibus exit $ ibus-daemon &  1717
and the applet appears in the top right corner, as expected, and I can switch between English and Chinese pinyin.
- Despite icons look OK, I'm not able to write in Chinese (it's English despite the pinyin being enabled), but it was working yesterday.
- Any idea how to configure it ?