The latest updates from this weekend (updated 2016-04-02) killed the NVidia 375.39 driver on my Optimus laptop.
[ 5.524] (EE) NVIDIA: Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module. Please see the
[ 5.524] (EE) NVIDIA: system's kernel log for additional error messages and
[ 5.524] (EE) NVIDIA: consult the NVIDIA README for details.
[ 5.524] (EE) No devices detected.
[ 5.524] (EE)
Fatal server error:
[ 5.524] (EE) no screens found(EE)
[ 5.524] (EE)
Operation #93: upgrade
Date: 2017-04-02 15:40
- clr-boot-manager is upgraded from 1.5.1-6-1-x86_64 to 1.5.1-10-1-x86_64.
- kernel-glue is upgraded from 3-188-1-x86_64 to 3-190-1-x86_64.
- linux-lts is upgraded from 4.9.18-10-1-x86_64 to 4.9.20-12-1-x86_64.
- nvidia-glx-driver is upgraded from 375.39-128-1-x86_64 to 375.39-130-1-x86_64.
- budgie-desktop-branding is upgraded from 6-14-1-x86_64 to 6-15-1-x86_64.
- nvidia-304-glx-driver-modaliases is upgraded from 304.135-124-1-x86_64 to 304.135-126-1-x86_64.
- linux-lts-headers is upgraded from 4.9.18-10-1-x86_64 to 4.9.20-12-1-x86_64.
- nvidia-glx-driver-modaliases is upgraded from 375.39-128-1-x86_64 to 375.39-130-1-x86_64.
- runc is upgraded from 1.0.0_rc2-4-1-x86_64 to 1.0.0_rc3-6-1-x86_64.
- nvidia-340-glx-driver-modaliases is upgraded from 340.102-88-1-x86_64 to 340.102-90-1-x86_64.
- containerd is upgraded from 0.2.4-6-1-x86_64 to 0.2.5-8-1-x86_64.
- docker is upgraded from 1.12.6-8-1-x86_64 to 17.03.1-9-1-x86_64.
- dracut is upgraded from 33-34-1-x86_64 to 041-35-1-x86_64.
- nvidia-glx-driver-32bit is upgraded from 375.39-128-1-x86_64 to 375.39-130-1-x86_64.
- linux-headers is upgraded from 4.9.6-3-1-x86_64 to 4.9.18-4-1-x86_64 with delta.
Display driver: NVidia 375.39
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M / 2GB
Using the stable repo