High Level Requirements
- Provide a mechanism for users to browse the repositories, in detail, online
- Implement this as a webservice (gorilla/golang based)
- Replace https://build.solus-project.com/
Build Hub Limitations
Currently our "build hub" (build page) is a static page that is generated any time a build job is registered or altered.
While this is lightweight, it is also seriously limited, and does not permit viewing real-time logs, pagination, etc.
On a less aesthetical note, managing users who are allowed to build (make publish) is non trivial. Currently this is
implemented using a simple SQLite database, which is driven by public-key authentication using ssh.
- Manage ssh keys dynamically through web UI (meh)
- Switch to a RESTful API and utilize tokens (OAuth?)
Either way, we need to easily manage who is allowed to publish packages, so that we can create maintainer roles
within the community.