- Name: Hurrican
- Homepage: https://sourceforge.net/p/hurrican/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/
- Open Source: Yes
- License: MIT
- Link to Source Tarball\Zip File: https://sourceforge.net/p/hurrican/code/HEAD/tarball
- Description: open-source clone of the classic Amiga game Turrican.
- Genre: Run'n'Gun Action Shooter
- Will many people will use this: It's one of the most polished open-source sidescrollers around, I figure most gamers using Solus would be interested in playing it.
I was under the impression that games were somewhat excluded from the requirement of needing to be actively maintained, as at some point a game will become 'feature complete', and not receive updates.
So it appears the github repository I linked to originally for this request back in 2016 was an abandoned fork. Just today I found the upstream of that fork on SourceForge, which still receives updates to this day.
I have edited the original task with these new links. Not sure if I should un-mark it as invalid or not, as I believe it's worth another look as far as its eligibility for inclusion. :)