Name : Rambox
Homepage : http://rambox.pro/
Is it Open Source : yes
Link to source tarball/zip file : https://github.com/saenzramiro/rambox/releases/download/0.4.4/Rambox-0.4.4-x64.tar.gz
Description : Free, Open Source and Cross Platform messaging and emailing app that combines common web applications into one.
Name : Rambox
perhaps since rambox is opensource and franz is not, it can be considered to switch to rambox?
my main issue with franz is that it does not perfectly integrate and most of all: minimized to tray i cannot get it back open from tray,
which may or may not be an issue with franz
I would greatly appreciate for this to be re-evaluated.
- Having Rambox in the repository would be a significant advantage in terms of security and installation/update speed.
- It is open-source and more trustworthy as a messaging application than Franz.
- It supports more services than Franz.
Apologies for creating a duplicate task, I'll be more mindful in the future.
Let me re-iterate my post, in case this task might be reconsidered.
What makes Rambox different from Franz?
- Does not require the creation of a new account, unlike Franz.
- Different/more services: due to this, the suitable tool will depend on the user.
- Open-Source: could be an important consideration for some.
- Since both tools are still fairly new, I've experienced bugs with both before (i.e. tray icon colours being messed up in some DEs). This might make one more preferable over the other for some.
does rambox need to be in the repository as a package
@thutex If I didn't think otherwise, surely I would've kept this as wontfix? I don't really care if it's an AppImage. We have VS Code in the repo even though it's available in the snap store. We have GNOME apps even though flatpak is a thing.
It's been a month since this has been marked for needs maintainer. Given nobody has stepped up to provide an accepted patch, marking as wontfix. Feel free to re-open when a patch has been submitted via the appropriate process.