- Name: MEGAcmd
- Description: Command Line Interactive and Scriptable Application to access MEGA
- Homepage: https://mega.nz/cmd (or is it https://mega.io/cmd? Without the Firefox extension, I get redirected to *.io, however, with that suffix, the website fails to load due to some odd error with the html code on the website)
- Repository: https://github.com/meganz/MEGAcmd
- Justification for inclusion: People have already requested MEGASync, however as that is under a proprietary license, it does not fit the criteria for an official Solus package, however MEGAcmd looks like it could be included, although the situation is weird.
- Open source: Yes?
- Current release tarball: https://github.com/meganz/MEGAcmd/archive/refs/tags/1.5.1_Linux.tar.gz
Unlike MEGASync, MEGAcmd is licensed under an appropriate license for inclusion, however the situation is a bit weird, as the official DEBs have the license listed as Simplified BSD 2-Clause, the RPMs list no license whatsoever, and the Alpine packages list the license file in the GitHub repository as the license source, which looks to be a copy-paste of a general proprietary license, except for a clause which explicitly points out MEGAcmd as licensed under the GPL license (without mentioning which version, although the link provided links to the GPLv3).