GNOME 43 has arrived! With it has come a few problems that still need to be addressed. This task will be updated as items are found or addressed. Feedback and notices of package breakages as a result of this stack upgrade are welcome and encouraged!
Synced to Stable as of October 14.
- gnome-terminal: Nautilus 43 has a new extension API, but gnome-terminal has not yet seen a release. This means that there is no "Open in Terminal" option for directories, and gnome-terminal cannot actually be rebuilt. Fedora 37 is using an unreleased version of gnome-terminal with this patch, which does restore the functionality.
- libwnck: New behavior can cause calling code to break. Affected packages:
- xdg-desktop-portal-gtk: Trying to set a wallpaper from a file in Nautilus resets the wallpaper back to default. The xdg-desktop-portal wallpaper portal appears as expected, but then wallpaper is reset on clicking Apply. So far I have been unsuccessful in getting any kind of debugging messages to give a direction.
- nextcloud-client: After the recent update on 10/14 the integration of Nextcloud in Nautilus is partially broken. See here. A patch to fix this has been merged upstream.
- rhythmbox: libsoup version mismatch causes it to segfault on open. See here.