spyder is deprecated. Python2 support no longer needed.
- Use context manager for open()
- Don’t use UserDict (!!!) and collections.MutableMapping.
- assertEquals has been deprecated for long time (-> assertEqual)
- Remove weird escpaing of s character, which is the syntax error these days.
- Fix pattern for matching short strings.
- Work with deprecated types and using aliased ones.
- Don't use underscored _ast, but use ast instead.
- Direct import from collections is getting deprecated.
- Use .is_alive method instead of a deprecated .isAlive in threading.Thread.
- Fix simple typo: sitaution -> situation
- Two more assertEquals happened.
- Python 3.8 support
Signed-off-by: Algent Albrahimi <email@example.com>