- Group Reviewers
- Maniphest Tasks
- T1720: dnsmasq missing its systemd unit
T7032: dnsmasq is incompatible with NetworkManager
- Systemd starts, restarts and stops dnsmasq
- Removing --enable-dbus from .service file makes systemctl wait indefinitely. That means that the dnsmasq actually acquires a name on the dbus bus.
- dnsmasq reads /tmp/resolv.conf when /etc/dnsmasq.conf does not exists, and tmp/resolv2.conf when it does. You can check that by running sudo dnsmasq -d --enable-dbus. Of course those two .conf files were manually added to the conf files after installation.
- mar 13 19:31:17 phoenix NetworkManager: <info> [1584124277.5005] dnsmasq: starting /usr/bin/dnsmasq When launching NetworkManager with dnsmasq added
Do you want to enable dbus for dnsmasq? Most distros have it enabled, though I'm not sure what's useful for. Configuration maybe?
EDIT ah yes, here it is: https://github.com/imp/dnsmasq/blob/master/dbus/DBus-interface
You can review now. There's still a little issue to fix imho: dnsmasq is launched with nobody user, in fact I get mar 13 19:31:17 phoenix dnsmasq: chown of PID file /var/run/NetworkManager/dnsmasq.pid failed: Operation not permitted when NetworkManager launches dnsmasq. Other distros add a system user dedicated to it, let me say what you want me to do.