The new version of pip includes many bug-fixes, internal improvements, and an improved command-line interface.
- The --user option is now assumed when pip is run without root privileges.
- An option --no-python-version-warning has been added to silence warnings related to deprecation of Python versions.
- The ~ prefix is now expanded to represent the user directory in path options, configs, and environment variables.
- setup.py-based builds that do not generate an .egg-info directory are now deprecated.
- The --skip-requirements-regex option has been removed.
- The passing of install-location-related options via --install-option has been deprecated.
- Wheel processing no longer permits wheels containing more than one top-level .dist-info directory.
Signed-off-by: Jeremy Potter <email@example.com>