- The new --no-ignore-case option causes grep to observe case distinctions, overriding any previous -i (--ignore-case) option.
- '.' no longer matches some invalid byte sequences in UTF-8 locales.
- grep -Fw can no longer false match in non-UTF-8 multibyte locales
- For example, this command would erroneously print its input line: echo ab | LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.eucjp grep -Fw b
- The exit status of grep -L is no longer incorrect when standard output is /dev/null.
- A performance bug has been fixed when grep is given many patterns, each with no back-reference.
- A performance bug has been fixed for patterns like '01.2' that cause grep to reorder tokens internally.
Signed-off-by: Pierre-Yves <email@example.com>