Page MenuHomeSolus

Update LLVM stack to 9.0.0

Authored by ZVNexus on Nov 10 2019, 5:17 AM.


Group Reviewers
Triage Team

LLVM changelog
Clang changelog
Clang-tools-extra changelog
LLD changelog
OpenMP changelog
LibCXX changelog

Signed-off-by: Alexander J. Koskovich <>

Test Plan

Building Linux using Clang.
Linux version 5.3.9-135.current (root@prism) (clang version 9.0.0 (tags/RELEASE_900/final)) #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Nov 10 00:01:53 EST 2019

Diff Detail

R1972 llvm
No Linters Available
No Unit Test Coverage

Event Timeline

ZVNexus created this revision.Nov 10 2019, 5:17 AM
ZVNexus requested review of this revision.Nov 10 2019, 5:17 AM
ZVNexus planned changes to this revision.Nov 10 2019, 5:18 AM

Need to resolve circular dependency.

Should this patch be accepted, we should add my Rust patch to the stack.

EDIT: this one D7599.

Jacalz added a subscriber: Jacalz.Nov 10 2019, 12:23 PM
DataDrake requested changes to this revision.Nov 10 2019, 1:49 PM
DataDrake added a subscriber: DataDrake.

In addition to the circular dependency, your test plan is not sufficient. As the kernel maintainer, I have no interest in Clang builds at the moment, so that's not a valid test. As the mesalib maintainer, I will not accept this patch until you have rebuilt and tested mesalib against this. Given that only a few other packages directly link against LLVM and the number of affected users if they are broken, I also expect that you test them as well:

  • beignet
  • blender
  • dolphin-emu
  • ldc
  • lldb
  • mesalib
Jacalz added a comment.EditedNov 10 2019, 2:32 PM

I hope that it’s not too much to ask for, but could this please be landed after D6460 to save me the whole problem with the rebasing my update after the LLVM-9 rebuild? @DataDrake


Better bump this up to https while you're at it :)

ZVNexus updated this revision to Diff 18264.Nov 10 2019, 7:31 PM

Updated to HTTPS, sorry about that!

Also I have compiled mesalib against this and it works fine.

When trying to build beignet it complains quite a bit. I tried the llvm9 patch from FreeBSD but still has some issues. I'm not informed enough to fix most issues with 9.0, so should I abandon it or leave it here in case someone else wants to continue on it?

Also, the license model changed for this version. It's now Apache License version 2.0 with llvm exception

I hate to step on your toes but i have had this upgrade done locally, with rebuilds done and tested, for a couple of weeks now. The only thing i've been waiting on is a new release of python-llvmlite which is why it hasn't been pushed yet (but, it looks like llvmlite can just be patched, as the issues are windows localized).

ZVNexus abandoned this revision.Nov 11 2019, 4:43 PM

If you would like to push instead that would be much appreciated.

rjurga added a subscriber: rjurga.Nov 11 2019, 10:47 PM