- Improved laser rendering and other visual improvements. The spell card opener looks yet a bit cooler, there are little indicators for off-screen items.
- Player Spell Cards now have proper names and declaration animations.
- Optimizations in various shaders that will make your toaster a bit happier about running Taisei. However, as usual, it is best if your toaster has good OpenGL drivers to avoid most trouble.
- The audio assets are now in Opus format, which reduces file size at increased fidelity. On that note, the file sizes in general have been reduced.
- Quite a few bug fixes. Of particular importance, two potentially game-breaking bugs have been vanquished:
- In Cirno's very first spell “Perfect Freeze”, the player could (extremely rarely) get killed for no apparent reason. This was caused by a bug in bullet motion interpolation.
- In some builds, MarisaA's lasers would render enemies permanently invulnerable, making them ineffective weapons to put it lightly.
- Complete replacement of the character artwork by Afensorm.
Full release announcement.
Depends on D7278.