- Group Reviewers
- Maniphest Tasks
- T7121: Request for fluid-soundfont
- R4741:747c2b0d6300: Initial inclusion of fluid-soundfont, fixes T7121
- Installed and used SoundFont from Qsynth
I have converted this SoundFont to the SF3 format (Oggvorbis compressed SF2) and shaved off roughly 100MB from the size. Would you like me to use that one instead in order to save space on the server and speed up downloads?
- Probably slightly better sound quality
- Original file from author
- More widespread support
- Hugely smaller size (20MB instead of 120MB)
- Faster downloads and less space required on server
A third option would be to create two eopkg files, one with SF2 and one with SF3. Then the user could choose to download only the SF3 file if that's all he needs. It does take some more space on the server, but I think this would be the best solution.