- mkvmerge: MP4 reader: MPEG-1/2 video read from MP4 files was written with an invalid codec ID (e.g. V_MPEG7) in certain cases.
- mkvmerge: MPEG PS reader: made the file type detection less strict so that garbage at the start of the file doesn’t prevent detection.
- mkvmerge: MPEG PS reader: (E-)AC-3 tracks were not detected if the very first packet for that track didn’t contain a full (E-)AC-3 frame.
- mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: fixed mkvmerge not detecting all tracks in MPEG transport streams containing multiple programs.
- mkvmerge: MPEG TS reader: fixed track content being broken for some tracks read from MPEG transport streams containing multiple programs.
- mkvmerge: JSON identification: the stream_id and sub_stream_id track properties were output as hexadecimal strings instead of unsigned integers. As the ts_pid track property was only used for MPEG transport streams, its value is now output as stream_id instead, and the ts_pid property has been removed. The JSON schema version has been bumped to 8 due to this change.
- mkvmerge: fixed a crash when appending video tracks where one track has a CodecPrivate member and the other one doesn’t.
- mkvmerge: track statistics tags: the NUMBER_OF_BYTES tag is supposed to contain the number of bytes in a track before any of the content encoding schemes such as lossless compression is applied; however, mkvmerge was wrongfully using the number of bytes after the schemes had been applied.
- mkvmerge: CLPI & MPLS parsers: MPLS and CLPI files with version number 0300 as used on Ultra HD Blu-ray Discs are now accepted as well.
- mkvpropedit: fixed a crash when the selector used for --tags is invalid.
- MKVToolNix GUI: fixed computation of value of total progress bar for multiple jobs running.
- MKVToolNix GUI: multiplexer, adding new attachments: when the GUI checks if there’s an attachment with the same name it will now disregard disabled attached files.
- Debian/Ubuntu packaging: during a dpkg-buildpackage run the test suite was failing when a non-English locale was active and MKVToolNix packages had already been installed.
For the new features, please check the release notes
Signed-off-by: Pierre-Yves <firstname.lastname@example.org>