- New simpler and more intuitive 'loop' keyword for task loops. The with_<lookup> loops will likely be deprecated in the near future and eventually removed.
- Added fact namespacing; from now on facts will be available under ansible_facts namespace (for example: ansible_facts.os_distribution) without the ansible_ prefix. They will continue to be added into the main namespace directly, but now with a configuration toggle to enable this. This is currently on by default, but in the future it will default to off.
- Ansible Network improvements
- Ansible 2.5 Porting Guide
- Installed locally, confirmed version
- Ran a few local playbooks
- Confirmed new YAML callback plugin introduced in 2.5 works
Thanks, fixed. Since this has now happened a few times, I've written up a little script to test this when updating future packages, because it's just too damn easy to forget to look at..