- Gamma and Brightness are now applied in the shaders instead of by setting hardware gamma. Can be disabled (so hardware gamma is used again) with r_gammaInShaders 0.
- Cycle through multiple Quicksave slots instead of immediately overwriting the last Quicksave. The com_numQuicksaves CVar allows setting the number of QuickSaves.
- Make r_locksurfaces work.
- Keyboard input improvements.
- Reworked mouse-input and -grabbing code, using absolute mouse mode in fullscreen GUIs.
- s_alReverbGain CVar to reduce EFX reverb effect intensity.
- Pause (looped) sounds when entering menu.
- Fixes for looped sounds.
- Replace libjpeg with stb_image and libogg/libvorbis(file) with stb_vorbis.
- Fixed endless loop (game locking up at startup) if graphics settings couldn't be applied.
- Work around dmap bug caused by GCC using FMA "optimizations".
- Prevent dhewm3 from being run as root on Unix-like systems to improve security.
- Replaced most usages of strncpy() with something safer to prevent buffer overflows.
- Console output is now logged to dhewm3log.txt (last log is renamed to dhewm3log-old.txt). On other Unix-like systems like Linux it's in $XDG_DATA_HOME/dhewm3/ (usually $HOME/.local/share/dhewm3/).
- Improved compatibility with Wayland.
- Work around assertion in AlphaLabs4 due to "ride_of_death" yeeting the dead "monster_zsec_shotgun_12" into the void.
- Support loading some mods known to need fs_game_base d3xp via Mods menu.
- Disable assertion in idSampleDecoderLocal::DecodeOGG() that triggered when starting a new Classic Doom3 game.
Full changelog here.