This is a stable maintenance release. It features various bugfixes, optimizations, and minor features backported from the v1.4 development tree.
There are no gameplay changes and this version should be replay-compatible with the initial v1.3 release.
- Fixed some rendering errors, including the Stage 1 water effect on Intel iGPUs and incorrect laser blurring.
- Improved support for high-DPI displays. Taisei should no longer be upscaled by the OS on all supported platforms.
- Slightly optimized various parts of the engine, including 3D and text rendering.
- Added GameMode integration on Linux. If you use Feral Interactive's GameMode daemon, GameMode will now be automatically activated when you start Taisei.
- Updated the SDL game controller database, enabling out-of-the-box support for even more controllers.
Depends on D10959.