- A search match gets highlighted (in black on yellow by default), in addition to placing the cursor at the start of the match.
- Option --markmatch / set markmatch has been removed.
- Cursor position and character code are displayed in the minibar only when option --constantshow / set constantshow is used.
- The state flags are displayed in the minibar only when option --stateflags / set stateflags is used.
- Option set minibar makes nano suppress the title bar and instead show a bar with basic editing information at the bottom.
- With set promptcolor the color combination of the prompt bar can be changed, to allow contrasting it with the mini bar.
- Option set markmatch highlights the result of a successful search by putting the mark at the end of the match.
- The bindable toggle nowrap has been renamed to breaklonglines, to match the corresponding option.
- Support for Slang has been removed.