- A search match gets highlighted (in black on yellow by default), in addition to placing the cursor at the start of the match. The color combination can be changed with 'set highlightcolor'. By default the cursor is hidden until the next keystroke, but it can be forced on with --showcursor / 'set showcursor'.
- Option --markmatch / 'set markmatch' has been removed.
- Cursor position and character code are displayed in the minibar only when option --constantshow / 'set constantshow' is used, and their display can be toggled with M-C.
- The state flags are displayed in the minibar only when option --stateflags / 'set stateflags' is used.
- Option 'set minibar' makes nano suppress the title bar and instead show a bar with basic editing information at the bottom: file name (plus an asterisk when the buffer is modified), the cursor position (line,column), the character under the cursor (U+xxxx), the flags that --stateflags normally shows, plus the percentage of the buffer that is above the cursor.
- With 'set promptcolor' the color combination of the prompt bar can be changed, to allow contrasting it with the mini bar (which always has the same color as the title bar).
- Option 'set markmatch' highlights the result of a successful search by putting the mark at the end of the match, making the match more visible. It also suppresses the cursor until the next keystroke. (If you dislike the hiding of the cursor, use 'set showcursor'.)
- The bindable toggle 'nowrap' has been renamed to 'breaklonglines', to match the corresponding option, like for all other toggles.
- Support for Slang has been removed.
Signed-off-by: Algent Albrahimi <email@example.com>