- General improvements:
- The intersect, setdiff, setxor, union, and unique functions accept a new sorting option "stable" which will return output values in the same order as the input, rather than in ascending order.
- Complex RESTful web services can now be accessed by the webread and webwrite functions alongside with the weboptions structure. Additionally, the system web browser can be opened by the web function.
- The linspace function now produces symmetrical sequences when the endpoints are symmetric.
- The underlying algorithm of the rand function has been changed.
- Numerical integration has been improved.
- The edit function option "editinplace" now defaults to true and the option "home" now defaults to the empty matrix .
- The format command supports two new options: uppercase and lowercase (default). Additionally, the format command can be called with multiple options for controlling the format, spacing, and case in arbitrary order.
- L-value references are no longer allowed in anonymous functions.
- New warnings have been added about questionable uses of the colon ‘:’ range operator.
- The regexp and related functions now correctly handle and require strings in UTF-8 encoding.
- The startup file octaverc can now be located in the platform dependent location for user local configuration files.
- The command dbstop in CLASS at METHOD now works to set breakpoints in classdef constructors and methods.
Full changelog here.
Depends on D10090.